Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 5/4 – 5/10/14

This content uses referral links. Read our disclosure policy for more info.

This deal has expired and may no longer be valid.

Use our Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save coupon matchups to get great deals this week when you shop Double Daze on Wednesday and Saturday.

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read the Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick ‘n Save) coupon policy  before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

Two things to remember about these Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save coupon matchups. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, if you shop at Copps or Pick ‘n Save and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

Comments

1. carol says

Re: on-going deals – I found Boca burgers (8 oz – 4 count) on temporary price reduction (through 10/4/14 according to the sale sign) for $2.14 – $1/1 q from 4/27/14 SS insert doubled makes it 14 cents a box.

2. anon says

$1/1 Jennie O Turkey Breakfast Sausage coupon is not showing up on their website or coupons.com (I presume promotion e nded)

3. Kris L. says

Question on the gift card deal. Does anyone know if the Banana Republic gift card would work at the Banana Republic Outlet at Albertville? Or do you think it is only good at the regular stores?
    Thanks!!

• Lisa says

Kris, I don’t have an answer for your question, but I think it would be on the fine print on the back of the card if the outlet was excluded. I do know that gift cards for all of the Gap stores are good at all of the Gap stores (as in, you can use a Banana GC at Old Navy). That info is in the fine print.

4. Sasha says

Does anyone know if the coupon book is available at the store? For some reason, we didn’t get one in the mail this time.

5. Jamie says

Does any one know how the e-coupons work? Can I use me perks card coupons and manufactor coupons for the same item?

• T says

It’s my understanding that you can either use e-coupon or manufacturer coupon because e-coupons are considered manufacturer coupons. The register will not apply e-coupon if you have another coupon for the same item.

6. Lee says

Is the Nestle deal $30 before or after coupons? I was going to get 10 Lean Cuisine x$2.00 and 4 Stouffers at 4/$10 to equal $30, but then use a 1.50/2 coupon on the Stouffers so it would bring the total down to $28.50. Will that work?

• Anita says

In my case, the Nestle deal is after coupons. I spent $31, based on the booklet prices, and used 5 relevant coupons and there was NO $10 printed at the bottom of the receipt. The service desk manager said it was because the coupons drop down the price lower than $30. I shopped at Larpenteur RB.

• Anita says

In my case, the $30 is AFTER coupons. I spent $31 based on booklet prices, and used 5 relevant coupons. There was NO $10 printed at the bottom of the receipt. The service desk manager said it was because the coupons dropped the total price lower than $30. This happened at Larpenteur store.

• Jill Pearson says

only after store coupons. I did it and was just fine. Just have to make sure items are included. I did 8 of the edeys outshine $3 and 2 of the family size lasagna for 7.49. That equaled $31.49. Then I used $1.50 for lasagns. And doubled 5 for the edey’s and just used $1 off the other 3. So the it goes off the $3 store coupon price but is not effected by Manufacturer coupon. was $16.99 And still got my $10 oyno

• Jill Pearson says

and it is not on bottom of receipt it is a regular coupon that spits out of there machine.

7. steve says

You better enjoy your double coupons. It is coming to an end. Rainbow stores are all closing soon.

In a deal that reorders the Twin Cities grocery market, the majority of Rainbow Foods stores will be purchased by a consortium of local supermarket chains — led by Supervalu — as Rainbow’s corporate parent, Roundy’s Inc., exits the market.

Eden Prairie-based Supervalu, owner of Cub Foods, announced Wednesday that it will work with four other chains — including Lunds Food Holdings — to purchase 18 Rainbow Foods stores for approximately $65 million.

Milwaukee-based Roundy’s will put its remaining nine Twin Cities stores on the sales block.

Once the deal is completed, 10 of the 18 Rainbow stores will become Cub Foods outlets and two will become Byerly’s, a banner owned by Lunds. The remaining six will continue to operate under the Rainbow banner, but will be owned by different members of the buying group, including Supervalu.

Rainbow has historically been the Twin Cities No. 2 grocery chain after Cub, but it slipped to fourth place in recent years. The company has closed five Twin Cities stores in the past 16 months. As recently as February, Roundy’s executives said they were committed to staying in the Twin Cities market.

• mikey says

Oh wow! I wonder what that means for the Shoreview Rainbow? Close and convenient and I’d hate to see it close or turn into a high end grocery store. Can’t imagine it would become a Cub as we have 2 close to this location already. Hmmm, will have to wait and see what happens.

• Jan says

RAINBOW TO BYERLY’S

Woodbury at 7050 Valley Creek Plaza — remodel coming in 2015
        Eden Prairie at 970 Prairie Center Drive — remodel coming in 2015

RAINBOW TO CUB

Chaska at 200 Pioneer Trail
        Eagan at 1276 Town Centre Drive
        Lakeville at 17756 Kenwood Trail
        Minneapolis at 1104 Lagoon Avenue
        Minneapolis at 1540 New Brighton Road
        Oakdale at 7053 10th St. N.
        Plymouth at 10200 Sixth Ave. N.
        Roseville at 1201 Larpenteur Ave.
        St. Louis Park at 5370 16th St. W.
        St. Paul at 892 Arcade St.

REMAINING RAINBOW

Maplewood at 2501 White Bear Ave.
        Minneapolis (Lake Street) at 2919 26th Ave. S.
        Plymouth at 16705 County Road 24
        Richfield at 140 W. 66th St.
        St. Paul (Midway) at 1566 University Ave. W.
        West St. Paul at1660 Robert St. S.

• Lee says

What about the stores that aren’t listed? Coon Rapids and Northtown aren’t on the list.

• Mary says

Sad for my Bloomington Store and their great employees. I can’t imagine the Bloomington store will be bought by someone else. It is close to a Cub, Byerlys, Super Target, Whole Foods and Trader Joes.

• Kris says

Shoreview is up for sale with a few of the other stores. Maybe Hy-Vee will come in. I’ve heard they were interested in expanding their market in the Twin Cities.

• Drew says

I could see Aldi doing well in a lot more locations.
      I know I would shop there more often if they had more stores.

• Steve says

I do not like to see competition go away. I could see cub foods in a different format in 5 to 10 years to survive

• Mary says

The press release says ” The transaction is expected to close during the third quarter, subject to satisfaction or waiver of closing conditions in the definitive agreements. ” .
      The Third quarter is July 1 to September 30th.

8. D says

Bummer for double couponing. People complained on here about Rainbow but I was always grateful they allowed us to double coupons for as long as they did. This will change the competition around here.

9. Mary Olson says

I heard a rumor at work that all the Rainbows are going to be closing. Does anyone know this to be true and when

10. Sarah says

Seriously a bummer-I was so hopeful when they did the unlimited coupon days. I got so many of my best deals on food stuffs through them and now with them closing -I’m sure we are looking at higher prices. I better stock up on the cereal my kids like because they are the only ones around that carried it!

11. Kristen says

BUMMER. I stuck with RB when so many left b/c no double double and unlimited days. Lesson in being grateful for what we had-5 doubled is better than what any other store offers.

12. carol says

They’re turning mine into a CUB. I rarely shop CUB because it’s usually so expensive, so won’t shop it more just because it’ll be closer. If I have to shop the RB close to work instead, I will.
    It will be interesting to see what policies those independent stores will continue to practice. I feel so fortunate because my RB doubles DNDs, but I haven’t wanted to post where it is because I didn’t want to lose it!

13. Nicole says

Will you continue to publish this list for us in Wisconsin who will still use pick n save and copps? We would appreciate it!

14. Lisa says

At my place in Edina, I live closer to Cub, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Lunds, Byerlys, Richfield Rainbow, Super Target, and Aldi than to the Bloomington Rainbow but I go there every week still because I’ve been going there for years, I like the store and know where everything is, the employees are great, and they have good prices, espec. with the doubled Qs. I suppose maybe I’d start going to the Richfield Rainbow, but I think I’ll go to TJs and WF even more now. They both have good prices and/or deals and service.
    Talk about a first world problem. My fave grocery store is closing and I only have about 8 others to chose from!

15. Sandy says

I just have to say that we should all take a moment of silence for the closing of Rainbows. Maybe have an open mic where we can all share about our good deals we used to get there!!! “Remember when you could get cereal for under a dollar and get free milk and eggs?” “Those were the days!”

When the news came on my son said that they were closing because I got too many good deals there! Funny. My husband used to joke that they had my photo in the back so they could watch out for me. Seriously, though I am so thankful for the good deals I got there and had an excellent time and will tell my Grandchildren stories someday about “unlimited double coupon day!”

Thank you Rainbow I will miss you very much!!!

16. Connie says

I’m mourning the loss of my Lakeville Rainbow!! (That store has the best cashiers.) I’ve never been a big fan of Cub. It seems cold and impersonable. Double couponing has been like a part-time job for me. So many great deals over the years…

17. anon says

Sargento Sliced Cheese now has a $0.55/1 coupon on Coupons.com, making it 2/$2.80 (if both double)

18. Janice says

To go with the Hallmark Card promo –
    Checkout 51 has “Save on any greeting card”
    $0.51 cash back on _any_ greeting card thru May 11.
    See their site for specific details.

• Jennifer says

If you are like me who get a rainbow rr $10 for buying some cards total $50, better use them up before they change their name to Cub foods.